The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program periodically issues clarifications of its policy concerning the conduct of fraud investigations, penalties for Intentional Program Violations and hearing procedures. The following are more recent policy memoranda.
- Routine Checks with Neighboring States to Prevent Duplicate Participation and Performing Deceased and Prisoner Verification Matches (issued 11/15/11)
- The use of FNS provided data on retailer disqualifications to investigate suspicious recipient transactions (issued 10/14/11)
- Offering to sell SNAP benefits and/or EBT cards publicly or online (issued 10/04/11)
- Fraud Policy: 7 CFR 273.16 (issued 02/04/04)
- Cooperation With Fraud Investigations (issued 4/24/03)
- Revisiting Policy Regarding Head of Household as Individual Responsible for Intentional Program Violations (IPV) (issued 6/04/01)