Secondary menu

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

To Apply

Last Published: 05/23/2016

To apply for benefits, or for information about the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, contact your local SNAP office. You can find local offices and each State's application on our national map. Local offices are also listed in the State or local government pages of the telephone book. The office should be listed under "Food Stamps," "Social Services," "Human Services," "Public Assistance," or a similar title. You can also call your State's SNAP hotline number. Most are toll-free numbers.

Please don't call us at FNS headquarters to apply. We don't handle applications for the SNAP here. The State and county offices do that. And we don't have application forms. Each State has its own application form. If your State’s form is not on the web yet, you'll need to contact your local SNAP office to request one. 

On-line applications? The following States allow you to apply online. Here are their websites:

bullet Alabama bullet Louisiana bullet Ohio
bullet Arizona bullet Maine bullet Oregon
bullet Arkansas bullet Maryland bullet Pennsylvania
bullet California bullet Massachusetts bullet Rhode Island
bullet Colorado bullet Michigan bullet South Carolina
bullet Connecticut bullet Minnesota bullet Tennessee
bullet Delaware bullet Montana bullet Texas
bullet Florida bullet Nebraska bullet Utah
bullet Georgia bullet Nevada bullet Vermont
bullet Idaho bullet New Hampshire bullet Virginia
bullet Illinois bullet New Jersey bullet Washington
bullet Indiana bullet New Mexico bullet West Virginia
bullet Iowa bullet New York bullet Wisconsin
bullet Kansas bullet North Carolina    
bullet Kentucky bullet North Dakota    


See Also