Summer meal sites are where all the hard work of the State agency, partnering organizations, and sponsors come together. A smoothly run site is something that every sponsor and site operator hopes to achieve. The key is an organized, well-supervised program that meets the goal of the summer meal program: to provide fresh, well-balanced meals that are appetizing to children. This section of the toolkit includes resources for site operators, including general information about the program, how to develop a strong relationship with the sponsor, and how to share resources and best practices.
- Common Challenges and Best Practices
- Faith-Based Organizations
- Intergenerational Meals Model
- Outreach to Teens
- Partnering with WIC
- Partnerships: Department of Defense
- Partnerships: Department of Transportation
- Partnerships in your Community
- Site Programming
- Sponsor Relations
- Understanding the Basics of Summer Meal Programs
- Using First Book at Your Summer Meals Site
- Working With Schools
USDA and its recipient institutions share responsibility for compliance and oversight to ensure good stewardship of Federal funds.