As the administrators of the USDA summer meal programs, the State agencies are the key to the success of the program, in its operation, expansion, and the preservation of integrity. This section of the toolkit includes information on program policy and administration, how to plan and collaborate with partnering organizations and sponsors, and information on working with schools.
- Proactive Planning
- Management and Administrative Plan
- Policy Resources
- Program Simplifications
- Building a Summer Meals Coalition
- Addressing Transportation Challenges
- Rural Development
- Local Foods in Summer - States
- Reaching Tribal Youth
- Tip Sheets:
- Twitter Townhalls
- Working with Schools
- Sponsor Retention
- The National Hunger Hotline & 211
USDA and its recipient institutions share responsibility for compliance and oversight to ensure good stewardship of Federal Funds.