The Summer Meals Webinars feature experts, partners, and special speakers to provide you with great resources, technical guidance examples, and best practices that will make your Summer Meal Program a success.
USDA has also developed a series of videos showing how Summer Meals has been launched successsfully in different communities across the country. The videos can be used by State agencies, partners and sponsors.
- Summer Meals: Offer Versus Serve in the Summer Food Service Program: Learn about the Offer Versus Serve (OVS) option in the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), and see examples of OVS menus and reimbursable meals.
- Summer Meals: SFSP 101 and How to Be A Summer Meals Champion: Learn the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) basics, frequent asked questions, and the steps to make your program a success!
- Summer Meals: Funding and Grant Opportunities: Have access to the great alternatives available to fund your Summer Meals Program, application process, and important deadlines.
- Summer Meals: Best Practices for Tackling the Transportation Challenge: Learn about the many solutions that can help you solve transportation challenges so you can feed and reach even more children!
- Summer Meals: Engaging Rural and Housing Communities: Learn how your rural and housing organizations and communities can be involved in the Summer Meals Program.
- Summer Meals: Explore the New Summer Meals Toolkit: Navigate with us the updated Summer Meals Toolkit! We will help you identify policy, memos, and resources that will complement your Summer Meals efforts.
- Summer Meals: Engaging Faith Based & Neighborhood Organizations: Learn how your Faith Based Organizations can be involved in the Summer Meals Program.
- Summer Meals: Engaging Tribal Organizations: Learn how your Tribal Organizations and communities can be involved in the Summer Meals Program.
- Summer Meals: Incorporating Local Foods: Get the scoop on how to engage local producers and incorporate local food into your Summer Meals menu.
- Summer Meals: A Win-Win-Win for Children, Families and Seniors: Explore how organization serving older adults can use Summer Meals to tackle hunger cross generations
- Summer Meals: Using Partnerships to Enhance Your Program: Explore how you can establish and leverage partnerships with local businesses and organizations to support your Summer Meals Program.
- Summer Meals: Transitioning from CACFP Afterschool Meals: Access best practices and policy guidance to better transition from CACFP into the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP).
- Summer Meals: Using Traditional Media and Social Media to Make Your Program the Talk of the Town: Explore great examples and strategies to promote your Summer Meals program by using resources such as your local newspaper and radio or creating a Facebook page, and using Twitter!
- Summer Meals: Best Practices for Successful Kick Off Events: Kick off your Summer Meals Program like a superstar! We will provide you with alternatives to get the community involved, increase participation, tap into local businesses, and promote your program!
- Bringing Summer Meals to Farmers Markets: Summer meal sites at Farmers Markets can help increase foot traffic to the market and offer farmers another way to see or donate their products. This webinar will inform Farmers Market managers, sponsors, and the public about how to start and maintain Summer meal sites at Farmers Markets.
- Summer Meals: Engage & Recruit Site Staff & Volunteers: Check out success stories and best practices on how to recruit and retain volunteers so your Summer Meals program runs seamlessly!
- Summer Meals: Promotion Strategies & Site Activities: Check out strategies on how to promote your Summer Meals Program, and how to increase and retain participation by implementing engaging Site activities.
- Summer Meals: Ask the USDA: Are you a new or a returning Site or Sponsor? Take advantage of this opportunity where USDA SFSP experts will be available to answer your questions and hear your concerns. Share with them your suggestions, thoughts, or ideas!
- Summer Meals: Transitioning to After School Meals: Access best practices and policy guidance to better transition from the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) to the After School Meals Program.
Last year’s webinars can be viewed here.