This module contains resources that will assist you in marketing your program to important stakeholders, such as parents, teachers, and students. Click on Developing a Marketing Strategy to get started, and use Tactics for Successful Marketing for helpful tips such as promoting National School Breakfast and inviting parents to eat breakfast with students. There are also numerous ready-made resources you can adapt to work best in your school, from encouraging parents to submit free and reduced-price meal applications to scripts for public service announcements that can be read over the school loudspeaker or a local radio.
Our newest materials are our new videos and posters, co-developed by our friends at the President’s Council on Physical Fitness, Sports and Nutrition. Check them out for yourself and be inspired!
- School Breakfast Promotion Tips for Principals (.pdf)
- 10 Reasons to Try Breakfast in the Classroom Flyer (.pdf)
- Benefits of Breakfast Flyer (.pdf)
- Why are FRP Applications Important Flyer (.pdf)
- Sample Marketing PowerPoint (.ppt)
- Sample School Newsletter Inserts (.doc)
- Sample Article for School Newsletter (.doc)
- Sample Parent Outreach Letters (.doc)
- Video PSAs and Posters (in collaboration with the President’s Council on Physical Fitness, Sports and Nutrition)
-- Felix Kids PSA -- Dawes Kids PSA -- Felix Kids poster (.pdf) 8.5"x11" 16"x20" 24"x30" -- Dawes Kids poster (.pdf) 8.5"x11" 16"x20" 24"x30" -- Dominique Dawes poster (.pdf) 8.5"x11" 16"x20" 24"x30" -- Carl Edwards poster (.pdf) 8.5"x11" 16"x20" 24"x30" -- Allyson Felix poster (.pdf) 16"x20" 24"x30" -- Michelle Kwan poster (.pdf) 16"x20" 24"x30"