This kit is designed for individuals who have an interest in increasing access to the School Breakfast Program, determine the type of meal service most suited to their needs and developing a marketing plan that will capture and keep all of their customers.
- Initial Assessment - surveys to evaluate the interest of students and parents and actions for State Agencies for assessing schools
- Calculating Costs - worksheets to help calculate the costs of implementing the School Breakfast Program
- There's More Than One Way to Serve Breakfast - breakfast service methods
- Roadmaps to Success - addresses each key decision maker
- Marketing Efforts - develop a marketing plan to promote your program
- Program Evaluation (School Statistics) - to help you evaluate your school's breakfast program
- Kit Evaluation - your chance to evaluate of this toolkit
The toolkit was developed through a collaborative effort between the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the Congressional Hunger Center. We would also like to thank the American School Food Service Association-Child Nutrition Foundation and National Dairy Council for their contributions to the toolkit.