The purpose of Equipment Assistance Grants is to distribute funding allocations provided by the Agriculture Appropriations Act. State agencies competitively award equipment assistance grants to eligible school food authorities (SFAs) participating in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP).
These funds will allow SFAs to purchase equipment to serve healthier meals that meet the updated meal patterns, with emphasis on more fruits and vegetables in school meals, improve food safety, and expand access.
State agencies must award these grants via a competitive grant process to SFAs, giving priority to high need schools (i.e., schools in underserved areas, schools with limited access to other resources, and age of food service equipment) where 50 percent or more of the enrolled students are eligible for free or reduced price meals.
Useful NSLP Equipment Assistance Grants Links:
- FY2015 NSLP Equipment Assistance Grants for School Food Authorities
- FY2015 State Allocations
- RO Checklist for Reviewing SA NSLP Equipment Grant Proposals
- FNS Standard Terms and Conditions
- FNS-529: Grant/Cooperative Agreement
- FNS-529 and Terms and Conditions Instructions
- 2 CFR Part 200.33 Equipment
- 7 CFR Part 210.21
- 2 CFR Part 200.317 through 326
- Federal Financial Report SF-425
- Food Program Reporting System (FPRS)
- User Access Request Form FNS-674
- Prior Year NSLP Equipment Assistance Grants