Research has shown that starting the day with a nutritious breakfast helps students stay alert and perform better in school. Having breakfast in the morning also helps children develop healthy eating habits. All students who are eligible for a free or reduced price lunch are also eligible for a free or reduced price breakfast, yet many students do not take advantage of school breakfast when it is available. The National Dairy Council (NDC) partners with Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) to help expand the School Breakfast program.
This webinar hosted by the National Dairy Council and Food and Nutrition Service talks about:
- Food and Nutrition Service and National Dairy Council Joint Plans for 2014
- Overview of School Breakfast: Why You Should Get Involved!
- FNS Southwest Regional Office and Dairy MAX Joint Breakfast Work
- "It Starts with School Breakfast" Campaign
- Student Engagement in Changing the School Environment