Recognizing Excellence in Nutrition and Physical Activity
The HealthierUS School Challenge is open to all schools participating in the National School Lunch Program. We recognize that changing the school nutrition environment takes time and celebrate both the gradual changes and big successes of schools working diligently to help children eat more healthfully and be more physically active. Schools can submit an application at any time during the year for a Bronze, Silver, Gold or Gold of Distinction level award.
Schools may submit applications for the HealthierUS School Challenge by US mail or online. Recipients of the Alliance for a Healthier Generations Healthy Schools Program National Recognition Award may also be eligible for a streamlined application process.
- Online Application
- Application Criteria and Guidance (7/1/12)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Whole Grain Resource for the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs
- Vegetable Subgroup Requirement Charts
- Farm to School and HealthierUS School Challenge
If you have any questions, you can always contact your State Child Nutrition Agency for more information.