The FNS Office of Food Safety web site provides food safety education and training resources for school food service professionals and child nutrition program operators. Consumer food safety resources can be found at the foodsafety.gov web site.
|USDA State Emergency Notification System (SENS)
The USDA State Emergency Notification System (SENS) is a tool that allows State Agencies to rapidly communicate critical food recall information to Recipient Agencies so they can remove contaminated food from distribution, and keep kids and families safe.
SENS webinar - July 11, 2014
Center of Excellence for Food Safety Research in Child Nutrition Programs
National Food Service Management Institute (NFSMI)
School Food Service Inspection Reports
Schools are required to obtain two school food safety inspections per school year. State Agencies (SAs) that administer the school meal programs are required to report the number of inspections by their schools.
- 2012-2013 Data and Report Summary
- 2011-2012 Data and Report Summary
- 2010-2011 Data and Report Summary
- 2009-2010 Data and Report Summary
- 2008-2009 Data and Report Summary
- 2007-2008 Data and Report Summary
- 2006-2007 Data and Report Summary