Processing of donated foods allows State Distributing Agencies and eligible Recipient Agencies such as school districts to contract with commercial food processors to convert raw bulk USDA foods into more convenient, ready-to-use end products.
Below is guidance and information for State Distributing Agencies, eligible Recipient Agencies, and commercial processors regarding the review and approval of a USDA National Processing Agreement (NPA).
National Processing Agreement Resources
- Bulk Commodity Flour Pilot for Processing Information
- USDA Foods Further Processing
- NPA Agreement
- NPA Contacts
- NPA Approved Processors
- NPA Participant Roles & Responsibilities
- NPA Starter Kit
- NPA Subcontractor Agreement
- Suggested Format for Surety Bonds
- Suggested Format for Letter of Credit
Related Resources & Guidance
- State Distributing Agency Guidance
- More Processing Guidance (EPDS Policies, Substitution and Standard Yield, Single Inventory Recordkeeping, WBSCM Information, and more...).
- Processor Pricing Reports for SY 2017
- Advanced Processing Training for State Distributing Agencies