Processing of donated foods allows State distributing agencies and eligible recipient agencies such as school districts to contract with commercial food processors to convert raw bulk USDA foods into more convenient, ready-to-use end products.
National Processing Agreement Resources
Here you will find guidance and information to States, eligible recipient agencies, and commercial processors regarding the review and approval of a USDA National Processing Agreement (NPA).
- Bulk Commodity Flour Pilot for Processing Information
- Commodity Processing Fact Sheet
- NPA Agreement
- NPA Contacts
- NPA Approved Processors
- NPA Participant Roles & Responsibilities
- NPA Starter Kit
- NPA Subcontractor Agreement
- Suggested Format for Surety Bonds
- Suggested Format for Letter of Credit
Related Resources & Guidance
- State Distributing Agency Guidance
- More Processing Guidance (EPDS Policies, Substitution and Standard Yield, Single Inventory Recordkeeping, WBSCM Information, and more...).
- Processor Pricing Reports for SY2017
- Advanced Processing Training for State Distributing Agencies