USDA's Schools/Child Nutrition Programs support American agricultural producers by providing cash reimbursements for meals served in schools, but also by providing nutritious, USDA-purchased food to the following nutrition programs:
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP);
- Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP); and the
- Summer Food Service Program (SFSP).
The following links provide policy and resources available for the administration of the Schools/Child Nutrition USDA Foods Programs which include the NSLP, CACFP, and SFSP.
- About Schools/CN USDA Foods Programs
- USDA Foods in the NSLP White Paper
- USDA Foods Product Information Sheets
- Eligibility & How to Apply
- USDA Foods Available List
- Frequently Asked Questions/Program Fact Sheet
- Policy & Regulations
Related Resources & Guidance
- Frozen Fruit Products and Nutrition Standards in the National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs Memo SP20-2012, dated August 11, 2012
- Existing Inventory of USDA Foods and Commercial Products Memo SP39-2012, dated August 3, 2012
- Civil Rights' "And Justice For All" Posters"
- USDA Foods Meal Rates
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- FOCUS Team Contacts - USDA
- State Websites for FD Programs
- USDA Foods Hold and Recall Procedures