The following links provide legislative and regulatory authorities for the administration of the Schools/CN Commodity Supported Programs.
- Part 250 Regulations - Distribution of Donated Foods
- Part 250.30 Proposed Rule - Revisions and Clarifications in Requirements for the Processing of Donated Foods (.pdf) - Published in Federal Register on August 24, 2006.
- Part 250 Proposed Rule - Management of Donated Foods in Child Nutrition Programs, the Nutrition Services Incentive Program, and Charitable Institutions - Published in Federal Register on June 8, 2006.
- Extension of Public Comment Period - The public comment period for this proposed rule was extended by FNS from August 7, 2006 to September 7, 2006 and published in Federal Register on August 3, 2006.
- Agricultural Act of 1949
- Agriculture and Consumer Protection Act of 1973
- Child Nutrition Act of 1966
- Commodity Credit Corporation Charter Act of 1933
- Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act
- Section 32 of the Agricultural Act of 1935
- Public Law 108-265 (amended the Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act and the Child Nutrition Act of 1966). Bill Number S. 2507 -Signed into law on June 30, 2004).