Click here to receive automatic updates on the FNS web.
CN Labeling Policies and Procedures
- Transitioning to Whole Grain-rich Foods and Including Standardized Claims for Vegetable Subgroups (10/13/11)
- Clarification of Batter/Breading Calculation
- Declaration Statements
- Breaded Rework Clarification
- Copying Federally Inspected Product Labels for Bidding Process – CN Policy (12/10/10)
Quality Control (QC) Requirements
- QC Notices (7/1/08 - 7/23/09)
- Guidelines for Preparing QC Programs (4/22/09)
- SOP for Submitting and Approving QC Programs for CN Labeled Products (5/28/09)
- USDA/USDC Checklist for Approving QC Plans (4/22/09)
Monitoring QC Compliance
CN Label Reviews: Transition from FNS to AMS
Service Agreement with AMS Specialty Crops Inspection Division
- Alternate Protein Product Regulations
- Alternate Protein Product Requirements
- Alternate Protein Product Sample Documentation
- Questions & Answers on Alternate Protein Products
- CN Labeling Regulations
- Food Buying Guide for Child Nutrition Programs
Tips for Submitting CN Labels
- How many copies do I need to submit?
- When can a plant do a "generic in-plant approval?"
- When does a manufacturer need to get a new CN ID Number?
- How do I request one?
- Points to Remember - For facilitating the CN Label Review Process
Manufacturer's Product Formulation Statement (PFS)
- Revised Memo TA 07-2010 (1/15/2013)
- PFS for Meat/Meat Alternate Product
- PFS for Documenting Fruits/Vegetables
- Sample PFS for Vegetables
- Sample PFS for Fruits
- PFS for Documenting Grains
- Crediting standard (16g) required Beginning SY 2013/2014
- Sample PFS for Grains
- School Food Authorities
- Reviewer's Checklist for M/MA PFS