The USDA State Emergency Notification System (SENS) is a tool that allows State Agencies to rapidly communicate critical food recall information to Recipient Agencies so they can remove contaminated food from distribution, and keep kids and families safe.
- Uses current technology to send rapid notifications
- Simultaneously notifies Recipient Agencies
- Verifies that notifications are received
- Is free to State agencies – the cost of SENS is covered by the USDA!
- Allows flexibility – use SENS for recalls and more!
For more information, contact the FNS Office of Food Safety at SENS@fns.usda.gov.