- WIC Legislative Requirements are contained in Section 17 of the Child Nutrition Act of 1966.
- Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010
WIC Regulations are published by the Federal Register in the Code of Federal Regulations, 7 C.F.R. Part 246. The CFR is updated with files with an effective date as of January 1 each year. The CFR, in print or on-line, represents updates as of January and will not include changes which have been subsequently published. (The consolidations for January 2013 were made available in March 2013.) WIC Regulations are also accessible via the Government Printing Office's website.
Recently Published WIC Regulation and Publication Date (click link to read more about published regulation)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Final Rule: Revisions in the WIC Food Packages (March 4, 2014).
- Implementation of the Electronic Benefit Transfer-Related Provisions of Public Law 111-296 - Proposed Rule (2/28/13)
Additional WIC Regulations and Publication Date (click below links to read more about each regulation)
- Implementation of the Nondiscretionary, Non-Electronic Benefits Transfer-Related Provisions of Public Law 111-296 (9/28/11)
- Cooperation in USDA Studies and Evaluations, and Full Use of Federal Funds in Nutrition Assistance Programs Nondiscretionary Provisions of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010, Public Law 111-296 (6/29/11)
- Interim Rule: Revisions in the WIC Food Packages Rule to Increase Cash Value Vouchers for Women (12/31/09)
- WIC Vendor Cost Containment - Final Rule (10/8/09)
- Implementation of Nondiscretionary WIC Certification and General Administrative Provisions - Affirmation of Interim Rule as Final Rule (7/7/09)
- Discretionary Vendor Provisions of the Child Nutrition and WIC Reauthorization Act of 2004, P.L. 108-265 - Final Rule (1/6/09)
- Implementation of Nondiscretionary WIC Certification and General Administrative Provisions - Interim Final Rule (3/3/08)
- Revisions in the WIC Food Packages - Interim Rule (12/6/07) Change in Implementation date (3/17/08)
- Vendor Cost Containment - Interim Rule (11/29/05)
- Food Delivery Systems - Final Rule (12/29/00)
- WIC Certification Integrity- Final Rule (12/11/00)
- Bloodwork Requirements (12/16/99)
- Local Agency Expenditure Reports (11/9/99)
Email Updates Click here to receive automatic updates on the FNS web.