Alas, summer is coming to an end. However, you can bring back the nostalgia by viewing and reading about the various Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) sites who entered the "Food, Fun, & Sun" Summer Food Service Program Story and Photo Contest. Then vote for your favorite in each category. The contest ended August 20, 2011 and now the finalists have been selected. The contest asked contestants to submit two photos and a 200-400 word narrative that captured the spirit of their SFSP site. We here at FNS received over 100 great submissions, but only a few reached the finals. We are thrilled to present to you the four contest finalists in each of the four categories:
- Catholic Charities Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Greater Chicago Food Depository (Chicago, IL)
- Hunger Free Heartland (Omaha, NE)
- Kinsley Library (Kinsley, KS)
Older Children Category:
- Boys and Girls Club of Ada County (Boise, ID)
- East Boston YMCA (Boston, MA)
- The Griffin Center (East St. Louis, IL)
- TREE Foundation (Forth Worth, TX)
- Food for People (Eureka, CA)
- Running Strong (Eagle Butte, SD)
- West Sioux School (Hawarden, IA)
- West Tallahatchie School District (Webb, MS)
- Food bank of Delaware (Newark, DE)
- Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Schenectady Inner City Ministry (Schenectady, NY)
- Youth & Family Services (Rapid City, SD)
Now it's your turn to vote for the winners. Please visit the FNS Summer Food Service Program Contest Site to view all of the finalists' stories and photos. Then vote for your favorite!
Public voting is now open and will close Friday, September 23 at 5:00pm EST. Only one vote allowed per person, per category.
Don't miss your chance to vote for your favorite stories and photos!