The U.S. Department of Agriculture is excited to launch "The School Day Just Got Healthier." This school year, there will be great, healthy changes to school meals, and we want to make sure that parents, students, and schools are ready for those changes. Our goal is to raise awareness about these new changes to school meals through a variety of sources including word of mouth, social media, traditional media, and direct communication with parents, school staff, children, and members of the community.
You can help us spread the word about the new school lunch standards. Here is how you can Get Involved:
- Learning about the changes and talking to children and parents about them.
- Using products from our toolkit to communicate with and educate various stakeholders.
- Placing "The School Day Just Got Healthier" banner/badge on your website and/or Facebook page.
- Engage Twitter followers by re-tweeting the USDA Twitter "The School Day Just Got Healthier" messaging and using the #schoolfoodsrule hashtag.
- Promote and share "The School Day Just Got Healthier" toolkit with your stakeholders.
- Display or link to "The School Day Just Got Healthier" Infographic.
- Repost or share "The School Day Just Got Healthier" blog posts.
- Share your organizations success stories in implementing the new school meal standards.
- Host an in-person or online event outlining and promoting the new school meal standards.
- Develop your own content based on "The School Day Just Got Healthier" platform and share it with your stakeholders.
For more information and resources that you can use to promote the 2012 Back-To-School initiative, visit "The School Day Just Got Healthier" website at www.fns.usda.gov/healthierschoolday.
You can also watch the 1 hour webcast at http://youtu.be/us1ZEDcaIdg