CACFP provides reimbursement for meals and snacks served to small groups of children receiving nonresidential day care in private homes that are licensed, registered, or approved to provide family child care.
CACFP targets higher levels of reimbursement to low-income areas, and to day care providers and children most in need. The reimbursements make the cost of day care more affordable for many lower income families.
Health and safety standards, training, and monitoring make CACFP an important component of quality child care, especially in family day care homes.
- Area Eligibility - Mapping Tool
- Building for the Future (en Español)
- Family Day Care Homes Monitor Handbook
- Improving Oversight
- Meals and Snacks
- Operational Provisions - 7 CFR 226.18
- Reimbursement Rates
- CACFP Nutrition and Nutrition Education
- Care Connection
- Cookbook for Homes
- Healthy Meals Resource System
- Mealtime Memo for Child Care (en español)
- MyPlate - Preschoolers
- Nutrition and Wellness Tips for Young Children
- The Two Bite Club
- Team Nutrition Library
- Wellness Resources for Child Care Providers