On February 28, 2014, FNS Handbook 901 was updated in order to reflect changes that streamline the EBT Advance Planning Document (APD) process. The changes are aimed at reducing the time required to plan EBT projects, improve the outputs of State projects, and provide guidance allowing State agencies to move forward with implementation.
- Updated Planning APD starts with a letter, budget, budget narrative, and schedule
- Alternatives Analysis and Cost Benefit Analysis are optional documents
- Consolidates pilot and statewide IAPD requirements for retailer enablement plans and clinic training plans as single plans for each area
- The revised section focuses on project management principles commonly used by many State agencies. These include, but are not limited to quality management, risk management, change management, and communications management.
- Adds a funding source chart that identifies the potential sources identified by the State agency for funding planning and implementation
See FNS Handbook 901 and specifically, Chapter 4, for the updated WIC EBT guidance. An electronic copy of the handbook may be found here: FNS Handbook 901 - Advance Planning Documents.