The Advance Planning Document (APD) process is a series of successive steps through which State agencies obtain Federal prior approval of and Federal financial participation (FFP) in automation projects supporting Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) programs. This includes all eligibility system and Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) projects.
The purpose of this website is to provide FNS and State agency staff involved in the review, approval and coordination of APDs with tools, techniques, guidelines, and examples to assist in fulfilling their responsibilities in this area. This site provides guidance and tools to enable FNS and State agency staff to work in partnership for successful automation of program requirements and delivery of benefits to clients. The State Systems Office provides oversight of State Systems and the Advance Planning Document Process for FNS.
Please contact the State Sytems Office if you have any comments, questions or suggestions regarding this website or the APD process.
- 02/04/2015: CAM Toolkit updated to Excel 2010
- 02/03/2015: APD Training Presentations Updated
- 10/28/2014: CMS Extends 90/10 Funding and A-87 Exemption
- 08/06/2014 : WIC EBT National Food Cat/Subcat Table updated
- 08/20/2014 : ACF Confidentiality Toolkit - describes the privacy & confidentiality rules relatives to Child Welfare, Child Support, TANF, Child Care, SNAP, LIHEAP; considerations for implementing data sharing initiatives across and within programs; and sample MOUs and data sharing agreements.