Nibbles for Health: Nutrition Newsletters
for Parents of Young Children
Nibbles for Health was developed for child care center staff and parents of young children enrolled in child care centers. Nibbles has been updated and the CD offers child care center staff guidance on conducting discussions with parents in four sharing sessions. It also has 40 reproducible newsletters that staff can give to parents to address many of the challenges they face. Four posters and packages of two mini-posters come with the CD.
Printed: March 2003
Available: upon request from
A Look at Nibbles for
- Sharing Sessions
Sharing Session 1 - MyPyramid: Steps to a Healthier You
Sharing Session 2 - How Much Do You Eat? Estimate Amounts of Foods
Sharing Session 3 - Active Living: How to Get Families Moving
Sharing Session 4 - Food Labels: A Guide to Making Food Choices
READ IT before you EAT IT! poster
Overview of the Educational Content
- Newsletter Outcomes and Key
Sharing Sessions Outcomes
and Key Messages
Additional Resources - For
- Nibbles for Health Newsletters
- 1 A Closer Look at MyPyramid
- 2 How Much Is Enough?
- 3 Healthful Eating...Food Labels Help!
- 4 Child Care, What Will My Child Eat?
- 5 Why Breakfast?
- 6 For Growing Bones... Which Milk?
- 7 Enjoying the Family Meal
- 8 Healthful Choices For Vegetarian Families
- 9 Family Food Shopping: Spend Less, Get More
- 10 Family Meals - Fast, Healthful!
- 11 Let's Eat Out! Healthful Fast Foods
- 12 Let's Eat Out! Making Meals Pleasant
- 13 Handling a "Choosy" Eater
- 14 Together... Let's Try New Foods!
- 15 Teaching Good Food Habits
- 16 Trying, Sharing, Enjoying Different Foods
- 17 Is My Child's Appetite Normal?
- 18 Watching My Child Grow!
- 19 Juice or Fruit Drinks?
- 20 Easy Weekend Lunch Ideas
- 21 Why Snacks?
- 22 Fats in Foods: How Much for Kids?
- 23 Iron in Foods: Does My Child Get Enough?
- 24 Keeping Your Child's Healthy Smile!
- 25 Feeding Another Baby Sister or Brother
- 26 Food Allergies, Or Just Food Fussiness?
- 27 Milk for Kids With Lactose Intolerance
- 28 Does My Child Have a Weight Problem?
- 29 Supplements... Do Kids Need Them?
- 30 The ABCs of Hand Washing
- 31 Let's Cook Together
- 32 Fight BAC! Keep Family Food Safe
- 33 Grow a Family Garden!
- 34 Pack a Family Picnic!
- 35 Enjoy Moving as a Family
- 36 Child's Play!
- 37 Let's Move... Cold Weather Fun!
- 38 Let's Move... Warm Weather Fun!
- 39 Getting Nutrition Advice For Your Family
- 40 MyPyramid: Amounts of Foods-For You